Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another New Obsession

Well, I have finally caught my breath and have a new crafting obsession. I am so excited. Its a Brother CS-6000i computerized sewing machine with 60 stitches.


I'm still learning. I haven't touched a sewing machine since I was in the 7th grade. My mother was a very accomplished seamstress and she tried to show me how. I just wasn't that interested. I wish she was still around now to show me. But I'm sure she would be very proud.

My first project was a very easy purple pin cushion. You can see it in the foreground of the picture. I have now started with the fabric stash. Another expensive hobby. My husband is still shaking his head. I told him he better let me do this or he better start paying for therapy. All this crafting keeps me sane.

I haven't really been doing too much crafting lately. Just a little doodle embroidery and some knitting but nothing to really show yet. I want to start a small quilt and have been surfing blogs and the internet looking at all the wonderful quilts others have made. Wow, there are some wonderful quilts out there in blogland!

No comments: