Saturday, March 7, 2009

'Shrooms

My new obsession has really taken off. I spent Thursday night and Friday night finishing this cute little mushroom.
I found the pattern at The Little House by the Sea blog. Isn't it just the cutest thing.


I think that I have mastered the french knot. Ha! Its made with felt and the original is sewn on the sewing machine, but since I don't have a sewing machine I stitched it all up by hand. I am quite proud of this. Its definately not perfect, but is soooo dang cute. I have started to make the second one in the pattern and I think I will make more in different colors. This one is going on my desk at work just so that I can look at it. But I think I will make a few for gifts. My oldest step-daughter just got a new sewing machine and I think one of these will make a great little pincushion.

1 comment:

Calypso said...

Love the mushroom! Thanks for the link.