Monday, March 2, 2009

New Obsession

I have a new obsession. I found some old cross stitch that I had done years (and I mean years) ago and realized I wanted to learn embroidery. I found an easy pattern and started.



I mostly used back stitch and stem stitch. Its done on an old white linen I had for my cross stitch and never used.

Here are my first stitches in stem stitch. I had so much fun with this. I only did an outline version of this pattern. I hope to do some more with more advanced embroidery stitches. I might even find a use for this on my knitting. Here is the final version.

I got this pattern at http://zuill.us/andreablog/2008/01/04/gnome-the-embroidery-pattern-for-january/

I think its cute as a button. I hope to do more of this. (Sorry for the crappy pictures, no sun today.)


No comments: