Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Golden Compass

While reading the KnittyBlog I found out that "The Golden Compass" by Phillip Pullman is being made into a movie. This is one of my favorite books.

On the website you can find your Daemon. In the world of the "The Golden Compass" a daemon is a part of your soul that resides outside your body. It takes the form of an animal that has the qualities that you possess. It can change around when you are young but by the time you are grown it is set. It never travels far from you and if you lose it you are considered soulless. I have found mine and I think it pretty much tells the story.




His name is Skaene. I think it would be pronounced like skein (a ball of yarn, sound familiar?) AND its a rabbit, where some of the finest angora yarn comes from (I know its not an angora rabbit, but its close). I just think its kind of eerie.

My friends can go and look at it and make sure the answers I gave were acurate to form the daemon. If they disagree they can make comments and the daemon could change, or morph, into something else.

No comments: