Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Christmas in April

I am almost done with the pieces of the Christmas Gnome. I am using the Alan Dart Design from the 2005 Simply Knitting Christmas magazine insert. This is my first gnome. I can't wait until he is finished. Its just a little difficult to work on it when I have to work so late. Fortunately, the pieces are small (as I am making the small version first) and I can get them done pretty fast. Here are the pieces I have done so far. I have one arm, the beard, and hat to finish.


I have become enamored with knitting dolls. I started with a rabbit for my son for Easter and it has gone from there. This is the first doll I made and I used about 3 different patterns to make it, and I made the ear pattern myself. He loves it but he didn't want a face for it (my embroidery skills are quite lacking). He named it "Meep" (don't ask, I don't know where that came from).

Isn't he cute? I think he needs a sweater or scarf, don't you?

No comments: